During April 2013 the Association of Bulgarian occupational therapists signed a memorandum with an international alliance IMPACT, whose main purpose is to establish a framework for cooperation between the partners to work together in order to build sustainable community-based services to support children with disabilities in Ruse, Bulgaria.
The partners are focused on providing the following services for children with disabilities:
- Support for inclusion in the learning process.
- Occupational and physical therapy for children living in a family environment, institution or centers for family-type accommodation.
- Motivation for participation (inclusion) in the local community.
- Children with special needs from infancy (0 – 18 years) with physical and mental disabilities, sensory problems, behavioral disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, autism, multiple disabilities, learning disabilities, children with difficulties in social integration, children, who need individual and/ or group work for early development of the cognitive processes.
- Families of children with special needs – parents, other children in the family, relatives.